• You are here
b.demerie
Fresh Boarder
Posts:4

camping for Cooperstown NY

#253819 1 year, 6 months ago
Hey once again just wondering where everyone will be camping out/partying after the show in Cooperstown NY july. Last year I pick the wrong campgrounds thats for sure it was not the right vibe lol
dept.
Junior Boarder
Posts:74
Church of the Imagination Divine

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254644 1 year, 6 months ago
which one is the wrong campground that you picked ? I'm from california and totally unfamiliar with area,
i looked at several online and none of them looked that good, so i picked a state park on other side of lake...
iLove,
---Dept.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2142
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254677 1 year, 6 months ago
Beaver Valley, Doubleday camping. Glimmerglass. These are ok. The area is family oriented. So the vibe is iffy.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by newyawker.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:34122
More or less in line

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254713 1 year, 6 months ago
So far, I'm clueless as to accommodations. Hotel prices in the area are absolutely ridiculous.
I will probably stay a distance away. Probably find a place closer to the thruway.
Should be a fun show though.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2142
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254792 1 year, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
So far, I'm clueless as to accommodations. Hotel prices in the area are absolutely ridiculous.
I will probably stay a distance away. Probably find a place closer to the thruway.
Should be a fun show though.


Chester, pm me your cell. I live in herkimer which is 40 miles south of the venue. Do not even attempt hotels up there. Cooperstown is a crown jewel of the area. Extremely wealthy and snobby.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by newyawker.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7678
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254803 1 year, 6 months ago
Family oriented is an iffy vibe??

From my quick research of hotels around Cooperstown, they seem like shit holes to me and nothing appears to be very close. I'd rather over pay than stay in an armpit. Although it's only for 2 nights so we would probably survive whatever accomodations but still. Of course I know nothing about the area so maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2142
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254838 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Family oriented is an iffy vibe??

From my quick research of hotels around Cooperstown, they seem like shit holes to me and nothing appears to be very close. I'd rather over pay than stay in an armpit. Although it's only for 2 nights so we would probably survive whatever accomodations but still. Of course I know nothing about the area so maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones?


I should have clarified that the families that camp at the local spots there tend to be uppity. Most facilities are motels. But a couple of the local Hotels are pricey. You comming east for the show DM?

Check out the Otesaga. Great Golf Course there.

The Best Western is the best choice to go. Reasonable.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7678
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254855 1 year, 6 months ago
^^^Yes sir! Cooperstown> NH > CMAC!! Hope to see you out there man!

I have Best Western Rewards so that would work great for me!! Thanks for the heads up!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Denver Man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TooLeeDoo
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2142
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#254858 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^Yes sir! Cooperstown> NH > CMAC!! Hope to see you out there man!

I have Best Western Rewards so that would work great for me!! Thanks for the heads up!


I sent you a pm. Take a look man.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Posts:372
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

Re: camping for Cooperstown NY

#256638 1 year, 6 months ago
just snagged my cooperstown tickets
will definitely be camping, not sure where yet
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds